Crispy Sriracha Shrimp
Makes approximately 1 1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 pound large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Sriracha Aioli
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2-3 Tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Canola or peanut oil
For the dipping sauce:
- 1/3 cup Stonewall Kitchen Sriracha Aioli
- 2 teaspoons Tamari
- Green onion or bell pepper, finely chopped for garnish
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towel.
- Whisk together egg and 1/4 cup aioli. Combine bread crumbs, sesame seeds, coconut and salt in separate bowl and mix. Place corn starch in separate bowl.
- Dip shrimp in cornstarch. Shake off excess. Dip shrimp in egg wash and then in bread crumb mixture. Place breaded shrimp on a baking sheet or plate. Refrigerate 10-15 minutes.
- Combine dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with green onion and red bell.
- Fill a straight sided sauté pan 1/2-inch deep with oil. Heat to 350-360 degrees F. Fry shrimp a few at a time until golden brown and crispy on all sides. Serve immediately.