Asian Sriracha Crab Cakes
Makes 4 large or 8 small crab cakes
Recipe Tip: If you would like to make a milder, less spicy, version of this recipe substitute half of the Sriracha Aioli with mayonnaise.
- 1 pound crab meat
- 3 Tablespoons scallions, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh grated gingerroot
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Sriracha Aioli
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Microgreens, chopped herbs or additional minced red bell pepper for garnish, optional
- Remove all shell and cartilage from the crab meat and place in a medium bowl.
- Gently mix the crab meat, scallions, gingerroot, bell pepper, egg, Sriracha Aioli, bread crumbs and salt.
- Form crab mixture into crab cakes, about 1/2-inch thick. Let them rest in the refrigerator approximately 15 minutes before frying.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat until it begins to shimmer, but does not smoke. Add crab cakes in small batches and cook until golden and crisp, about 2-3 minutes per side. Drain the crab cakes on paper towels and then place in a low oven until ready to serve.
- Serve with additional Sriracha Aioli and garnish with microgreens, chopped herbs or minced red bell pepper, if desired.