Roasted Beets & Candied Walnut Spinach Salad
The textures and tastes of these wonderful ingredients create a memorable and impressive salad. Serves 8.
- Combine beets, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Wrap the beets in aluminum foil, place on a baking sheet and cook in a 400 degree F oven. Roast until just tender.
- For the candied nuts, place walnuts or pecans and butter in a sauté pan. After the butter is melted drizzle honey over the nuts and remove from heat when carmelized. Spread on greased parchment paper and cool.
- For the sweet onions, cook in a sauté pan until golden brown.
- For the vinaigrette, combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk for one minute to combine.
- Put the baby spinach on a platter. Top with the beets, onions and nuts.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over all.