Tri Colored Pasta Salad Serves 6-8
- 2 1/2 cups broccoli, stems trimmed, crowns cut into small florets
- 12 ounces tri-colored rotini pasta
- 1/2 cup light olive oil or canola oil
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 teaspoons Stonewall Kitchen Habanero Mango Hot Sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped (or 2 teaspoons dried basil)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, coarsely grated
- Bring 4 quarts of salted water to a boil in a large pot. Add broccoli and boil 3 minutes until tender/crisp. Remove broccoli and place immediately in an ice water bath to cool. Drain and set aside.
- Add pasta to the boiling water and cook according to package directions. Drain and let cool.
- In a large bowl add the oil, red wine vinegar, 1-1 1/2 teaspoons salt, garlic and Stonewall Kitchen Habanero Mango Hot Sauce, whisk until combined. Add the cooled cooked pasta, basil, parsley tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and broccoli, toss. Add additional salt and pepper if needed. Serve cold or at room temperature.