- 3 1/2 cups strawberries, washed, hulled and cut in half
- 2 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 2-4 Tablespoons granulated sugar, depending on the sweetness of the berries
- 1-2 Tablespoons flour, depending on the juiciness of the berries
- Whipped cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tablespoons water
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 7 Tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
For the dough:
- To prepare dough, whisk the egg, vanilla, and 1 Tablespoon water in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and lemon zest in the bowl of a food processor with a steel blade. Pulse to combine.
- Scatter butter over the flour and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- With the machine running add the egg mixture and process until mixed. If mixture is dry add more water.
- Remove dough from processor and transfer to a large bowl. Knead until cohesive (about 30 seconds).
- Shape dough into a 5-inch disc and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- To assemble, heat oven to 375 degrees F and pull dough out of refrgerator for 30 minutes.
- Toss strawberries with granulated sugar and flour.
- Roll dough between 2 sheets of floured parchment paper into a 10-inch round. Remove top sheet of parchment and place on baking sheet.
- Pile strawberry mixture onto center of dough leaving a 3-inch border of dough. Fold the dough border up and over filling, pleating it snugly around the strawberries. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Gently drizzle Aged Balsamic Vinegar over the mixture and bake for 20 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature. Slice into wedges and serve with whipped cream.