- 8 ounces Challah bread (1/2 of a large loaf), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
- 3 large eggs, whites and yolks seperated
- 1/3 cup plus 2 Tablespoons superfine sugar
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup Irish Whiskey
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Coffee Caramel Sauce
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Bittersweet Chocolate Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place oven rack in the center of the oven
- Butter a 2-quart soufflé or gratin dish.
- Place bread cubes and pecans in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the egg yolks and sugar in another mixing bowl and gently mix to blend.
- Add a pinch of salt, the half and half and the heavy cream slowly to ensure that there are no lumps.
- Add the whiskey, nutmeg and vanilla and stir. Let set for 15 minutes, allowing the sugar to melt.
- Pour this mixture over the bread cubes.
- Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until they form soft peaks. Slowly add 2 Tablespoons superfine sugar while beating and continue to beat until the whites are stiff and glossy.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the bread pudding.
- Pour into the buttered dish and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the pudding from the oven and allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm with your choice of Coffee Caramel Sauce or Bittersweet Chocolate Sauce.
Stonewall Kitchen Ingredients