- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 12 (1 1/2-inch) cubes lean lamb, blotted dry
- 6 boiling onions, about 1 1/2-inches in diameter, peeled and cut in half
- 12 (1-inch) pieces yellow, red or green bell pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Red Pepper Jelly
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in a little water
- 4 skewers
- Minced basil leaves or flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- Blend yogurt, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, cardamom, salt and pepper together in a non-reactive bowl. Reserve 1/2 of the mixture for later use. Add lamb cubes and stir to cover evenly. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours or up to 2 days, turning occasionally.
- Turn on broiler and position rack about 4-5 inches from heat.
- Lift meat from yogurt mixture. Thread 3 cubes of meat, 3 half onions and 3 pieces of pepper on each skewer in an alternating pattern. Place on broiler pan and broil for about 6-9 minutes, depending on size.
- Meanwhile, put reserved marinade into a small saucepan. Add Red Pepper Jelly and heat over medium-high heat to melt jam. Whisk in cornstarch and stir until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve 1 or 2 kabobs to each person. Drizzle on minced basil; spoon on sauce and serve.
Stonewall Kitchen Ingredients
PromotionsMix & Match 4+ and SAVE 10% Details
Stock up on your favorites, try something new, or create a collection as unique as you are. SAVE 10% when you order four or more of our full-sized jams, jellies and marmalades.