Not only a tasty topping for pancakes or waffles, but also delectable served over ice cream or layered with whipped cream and cubed pound cake for a trifle.
- As a topping over pancakes or waffles prepare your favorite Stonewall Kitchen mix according to canister instructions.
- For the caramelized bananas, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the brown sugar and stir until the sugar has melted and the mixture begins to simmer.
- Cook over low heat for 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- Add the banana slices to the pan in a single layer and cook until the bananas begin to caramelize and the brown sugar sauce is bubbling.
- Pour the banana sauce over hot pancakes and serve with warm maple syrup on the side.