- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg and water. When well blended, add in the pancake and waffle mix and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Add oil to a large, heavy sided frying pan or an electric fryer. Preheat oil to 355°F.
- While oil is heating, pour batter into a squeeze bottle with the top cut, allowing a slightly larger hole (about 1/8” – 1/4” across).
- When the oil has heated, quickly drizzle the batter on top of the oil, starting with a large circle and working your way in and back out again. This should create several layers for the funnel cake.
- Allow the funnel cake to fry until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes depending on thickness. With a pair of tongs, carefully flip the funnel cake over and fry the other side for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- When both sides are golden brown, remove from oil allowing excess oil to drip off. Place onto a paper towel lined baking sheet and continue with remaining batter.
- Serve funnel cake hot, topped with a dusting of confectioners’ sugar and your favorite Stonewall Kitchen jam or dessert topping or a drizzle of maple syrup.
*NOTE: Try this recipe with our Pumpkin Pancake and Waffle Mix for an extra fall-like funnel cake!