Made With Our
For the pears:
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons amaretto
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch cardamom
- 3 Bartlett pears, peeled, core and seeds removed
For the filling:
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 8-ounces mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Gingerbread Butter
20 lady fingers 1-2 Tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- Combine water, sugar, amaretto, honey, cinnamon, ginger, and cardamom in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to a simmer and continue cooking until slightly thickened. Add pears and cook until pears are tender. Remove pear slices and set aside. Remove pan from heat and allow syrup to cool.
- Whip cream until soft peaks form. Remove one-third whipped cream and set aside to be used to spread over the top of the tiramisu. In a separate bowl whisk together the sugar, mascarpone cheese and Gingerbread Butter until mixture is creamy and free of any lumps. Fold mixture into the larger portion of whipped cream.
- Line the bottom of an 8-inch square pan with half of the lady fingers. Drizzle 1/2-1 Tablespoon reserved syrup over each lady finger. They should be moist, but not soggy.
- Spread half of the gingerbread cream mixture over the lady fingers and layer half of the pears. Repeat layers with remaining ladyfingers, syrup, gingerbread cream and pears. Spread reserved whipped cream over pears. Sprinkle top with cinnamon sugar.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (up to 24 hours) before cutting into squares and serving.