Grilled Pound Cake and Aged Balsamic Macerated Strawberries
- 1 package pound cake, sliced 3/4 inch
- 2 pints strawberries
- 4 oz. Stonewall Kitchen Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 whole oranges, juice of
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Clean and quarter strawberries and place them into a bowl.
- Combine strawberries with vinegar, sugar and the juice of 1 orange and mix gently. Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- In a mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients and the juice of the other orange and whip into a thick cream.
- Preheat grill to a medium-high heat and grill pound cake slices on both sides for about 1 minute or until lightly marked.
- On a serving platter, lay down half of the grilled pound cake and spoon strawberries and liquid over, place a big dollop of the orange cream on to the berries and place the other pieces of grilled pound cake on top of the cream.
- Garnish with fresh mint and serve.