- 1 box Saffron Risotto, prepared as directed
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- ½ cup peas
- 3 ounces diced pancetta, cooked
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Vegetable Oil for frying, optional
- Traditional Marinara Sauce
- Prepare Saffron Risotto as directed. When complete and still warm, add cheese, peas and pancetta and combine well. Spread risotto on a parchment lined pan and place in the refrigerator to cool.
- Once risotto is cooled, form into small balls, about 1” diameter and place back into the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Place each of the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs into separate bowls.
- Take each arancini ball and roll into the flour, removing excess. Then dip into egg, removing excess and finally roll in breadcrumbs.
- If frying arancini; Heat about 1” of vegetable oil in a deep frying pan until it reaches 365° F. Place 4-5 arancini in the oil and fry until golden brown, flipping over once to coat. Remove with a slotted spoon and place onto paper towels while continuing to fry the remaining.
- If baking arancini; Preheat oven to 400° F. Place arancini on baking sheets and bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes
- Serve hot with Traditional Marinara Sauce.