Made With Our
- 3/4 pound pasta (cavatappi or elbow macaroni)
- 3 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- 2 cups Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage
- 3 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain reserving about 1 cup of the water the pasta was cooked in. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook until soft and translucent. Add the flour and stir 2-4 minutes. Slowly whisk in the milk. Whisk in the Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce.
- As sauce thickens add the Gouda, cheddar and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Whisk in the salt, thyme and pepper to taste. Stir until the cheeses are melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Add olive oil to another sauté pan. Brown and crumble the sausage. Drain fat.
- Combine the pasta, cheese sauce, sausage and spinach. If too thick add a little of reserved water the pasta was cooked in. Stir well.
- Grease a 3-quart baking dish. Add the macaroni and cheese mixture.
- Toss the bread crumbs with 1 tablespoon melted butter. Sprinkle 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the sauce bubbles and the bread crumbs are golden. Serve immediately.