Made With Our
- 12 medium to large firm apples, cored, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Fig & Walnut Butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh orange zest
- 3 Tablespoons orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 double pie crust
- In a bowl, combine apple slices with lemon juice, orange juice and orange zest.
- In a separate bowl combine sugar and flour.
- Roll one piecrust into a 13-inch circle.
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate with the dough, trimming to a 1/2-inch overhang.
- Beat egg and salt together. Brush the bottom and sides of the pie crust with egg wash.
- Toss apple mixture with sugar mixture. Add the Fig & Walnut Butter and stir well.
- Place filling in piecrust, spreading apples evenly.
- Roll the second crust into a 13-nch circle and place on top of the apples.
- Tuck the top edge of dough under the bottom edge of dough and press together to form a seal.
- Pierce the top of the pie several times to vent.
- Brush top with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until brown and bubbly.