- ½ cup allpurpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ - 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 large avocados, firm but ripe
- 1 - 2 cups Napa Valley Naturals Avocado Oil, or other vegetable oil, for frying
- Sea salt, optional
For the tacos:
- 2 cups shredded coleslaw mix
- 3 – 4 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Habanero Mango Aioli
- 8 soft corn or flour tortilla shells
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- Fresh Cilantro
- Cojita cheese, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder and salt.
- In a separate small bowl whisk together the eggs with a splash of water.
- In a third small bowl, add the panko bread crumbs.
- Slice the avocados in half and carefully remove the pits. Take a spoon and remove the flesh from the skin. With the flat surface down, slice the avocado into ½ - ¾ inch slices.
- Coat the avocado slices in the flour mixture until fully covered. Then, coat with eggs. Allow any extra egg to drip off of avocado slice and lastly, gently press it into the panko bread crumbs to fully coat. Place onto a plate and continue process for all avocado slices.
- Add oil to a frying pan so that it is about 1-2 inches deep. Heat over low-medium heat until it reaches 350°. Fry avocado slices, 1 – 3 at a time depending on pan size, until all sides are golden brown, flipping as needed. Remove and place onto a plate lined with paper towels. While still hot, sprinkle with additional sea salt if desired.
- Combine the coleslaw mix and the aioli and toss until well coated.
- Arrange the tortilla shells on a serving platter or 2 per plate. Divide coleslaw evenly amongst shells. Top each with black beans, red onions, 2 fried avocado slices, fresh cilantro and a bit of cojita cheese, if desired. Serve hot with additional Habanero Mango Aioli.