Made With Our
For the cupcakes
- 2 large eggs
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- 1 box Stonewall Kitchen Gingerbread Mix
For the frosting;
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Whisk together the eggs, melted butter and milk for the cupcakes in a large bowl. Add the Gingerbread Mix and stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared cupcakes pans so that the cups are about ¾ full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan slightly, then remove to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
- While cupcakes are cooling, place the butter for the frosting into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, scraping down the bowl as needed. Add in the Gingerbread Butter or Caramel Sauce and continue to beat for 3-4 minutes until well incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the confectioners’ sugar 1 cup at a time, beating each time until fully incorporated.
- When all of the confectioners’ sugar has been added to the frosting, add the salt and mix well.
- If your frosting is the consistency desired, then it is ready to use! If it feels too thick, add milk, about 1 tablespoon at time, mixing until fully incorporated before adding more. Continue until desired consistency is reached.
- Frost the tops of each cupcake and serve at room temperature, or store in the refrigerator until ready to use.