- 12 Tablespoon (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 ½ ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- Zest from 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 1/2 4 cups all-purpose flour
- Stonewall Kitchen Lemon Curd
- Stonewall Kitchen Red Raspberry Jam
For the frosting (optional)
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 ½ Tablespoon meringue powder
- 4-6 tablespoons milk
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the egg, egg yolk, extracts and zest. Beat until well combined.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add 3 ½ cups flour, salt and baking powder. Mix on low until combined. Continue to add additional flour until the dough forms a ball.
- Remove from the bowl, form into a small disc and wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- While your dough is chilling, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and roll on a well-floured surface until it is about ¼” thick. Using a flower shaped cookie cutter, begin cutting flowers, re-rolling dough as needed.
- Lightly spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Gently press the flowers into the center so the leaves are overhanging the edges.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edges are slightly browned and the flowers are set. Remove from oven and let cool for approximately 5 minutes in the pan. Gently remove from the pan and place on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the frosting, starting with 4 Tbsp milk, and whisk until smooth. Add additional milk as needed.
- Fill each flower cup with a small scoop of Red Raspberry Jam. With a piping bag filled with Lemon Curd, pipe a small amount of curd on top.
- Decorate the edge of the flowers with the frosting if desired, or you can dust with powdered sugar.