- 3 Tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups carrots, julienned
- 1 1/2 cups red bell pepper, cored, julienned
- 1 cup shitake mushrooms, stemmed, caps sliced
- 2 cups zucchini, spiralized or julienned
- 1 cup snap peas, trimmed
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 5 Tablespoons Pineapple Sriracha Jam
- 3 Tablespoon reduced sodium Tamari
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ginger, skin removed and grated
Sweet, savory and a little spicy, we have made this colorful dish with shrimp, but it would work with any protein.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a wok over medium-high heat. When hot add shrimp in small batches, sautéing several minutes until pink and cooked through. Remove and set aside. Continue until all shrimp are cooked.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to the pan. When hot add the carrots, red bell pepper and mushrooms. Stir fry several minutes until slightly tender. Add the zucchini, snap peas and pineapple, continue to stir fry. Add more oil as needed. All vegetables should be crisp-tender or al dente.
- Combine the Pineapple Sriracha Jam, Tamari and ginger. Add this mixture and shrimp back to the wok. Stir until stir fry is well coated and heated through. Serve over your favorite rice.