Made With Our
- 10 (3 to 4 pounds) Granny Smith apples. peeled, quartered length wise and cored
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Cinnamon Apple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll out puff pastry and cut into an 11-inch round approximately 1/4-inch thick. Transfer round to a baking sheet and refrigerate.
- Place cut apples into a bowl of cold water with some lemon juice added. This will keep the apples from browning.
- In a 10-inch ovenproof skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the sugar evenly over the melted butter. Let cook, stirring until sugar starts to caramelize. Slowly add 1/4 cup of Cinnamon Apple Syrup. Remove from heat.
- Drain apples and pat dry.
- Quickly arrange apples, in the skillet, packing them tightly in concentric circles. The apples need to be packed tightly to stay together when inverted.
- Return to the heat and cook over medium heat gently shaking the pan to keep the apples from sticking. Continue to cook until the sugar turns dark golden brown, approximately 15 minutes.
- Place puff pastry on top of apples and place pan in the oven.
- Cook until the puff pastry is browned (approximately 20 to 25 minutes), remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Place a plate on top of skillet. Holding firmly, invert the skillet onto the plate.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar, serve with vanilla ice cream and drizzle with additional Cinnamon Apple Syrup.