Made With Our
- 2 Tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 3/4 pound carrots, peeled
- 2 each medium zucchini and yellow squash, sliced
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic Mustard
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Old Farmhouse Chutney
- 2-3 Tablespoons curry paste
- 2 cups cooked barley (about 2/3 cup raw, cooked according to package instructions)
- 3/4 pounds crimini or white mushrooms, wiped clean, trimmed and quartered
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried dill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Chopped toasted pecans for garnish
- Heat oil in a large heavy pot over medium-high heat. When hot, stir in onions and sauté until brown about 3 minutes. Add carrots, zucchini, squash and cauliflower. Partially cover pot, adjust heat to medium and continue cooking for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in white wine, bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Add stock, half-and-half, mustard, chutney and curry paste. Stir in barley and mushrooms. Cover and simmer until vegetables are just tender, about 8 minutes.
- Remove about 1/2 cup of the liquid. Stir cornstarch into the liquid and return liquid to pot and blend well. Stir in dill and continue cooking gently for a few minutes until sauce has thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with pecans.