- 1 pound premade pizza dough
- 3-4 apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ cup Stonewall Kitchen Sea Salt Caramel Sauce, plus extra for dipping
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or prepare a pizza stone according to stone's directions.
- Toss the apple slices with the cornstarch until slices are all covered. Add Sea Salt Caramel Sauce and gently toss until coated.
- Mix together the ricotta cheese with 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Divide the pizza dough into 4 sections. Roll out one section on a floured surface to be about ¼” thick circle. Line half of the circle with ¼ cup of the ricotta and top with ¼ of the apple caramel mixture, leaving the outer 1” empty.
- Fold the empty dough over the apples and to create a half circle and pinch the edges together well with floured fingers. Roll the edges inward to create a good seal.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining cinnamon with the granulated sugar.
- Place the calzones onto the prepared pans. With a sharp knife, make 2-3 slits along the top to allow air out. Brush the tops with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until calzones have browned.
- Serve warm with additional Sea Salt Caramel Sauce for dipping.