Made With Our
- For the waffles:
- 1 medium egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup Stonewall Kitchen Farmhouse Pancake & Waffle Mix
- For the topping:
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, for chocolate curls
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 pint vanilla, cinnamon or chocolate chip ice cream
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Sea Salt Caramel
- For the chocolate curls - chop the chocolate into small pieces and place in a glass bowl (reserve about 1 Tablespoon of the chocolate pieces and set aside). Microwave the chocolate for 15 seconds then stir. Repeat until the chocolate is completely melted. Add the reserved chocolate pieces and stir until they have melted. Spread chocolate out on a large piece of marble or on the back side of a baking sheet in a thin layer. Allow to cool several hours. The chocolate is ready to curl if you touch it with your finger and it makes a slight mark, but not a depression. With a bench scraper or sharp metal spatula begin to scrape the chocolate from the bottom of the pan. Curls will form if the chocolate is just the right temperature. If the curls crack the chocolate is too firm. If the chocolate does not curl it needs to be firmer. Place curls on a plate or small baking sheet and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spread pecans out on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes or until the pecans are golden brown. Set aside.
- For the waffles - whisk together the egg, water and butter until uniformly mixed. Add the Farmhouse Pancake & Waffle Mix and whisk until blended. Cook batter in a preheated nonstick or greased waffle maker until golden brown. Set waffles aside on a rack until ready to use.
- Heat the toasted pecans and caramel sauce in a small saucepan over low heat for about 1 minute. Place the waffles on serving plates. Scoop ice cream on top of the waffles. Top with sauce and garnish with chocolate curls. Serve immediately.