- 1 loaf good quality cinnamon raisin bread
- 3 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Maple Pumpkin Butter
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 Braeburn or Winesap apples, cored, peeled and diced
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- Dash of salt
- 3/4 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment or foil.
- Lay bread slices on pan and toast for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cut each slice into 6 pieces and reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- Butter a 9x13-inch pyrex pan and arrange bread pieces over bottom, slightly overlapping.
- To prepare apples, in a sauté pan melt 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter.
- Add apples, salt and cinnamon and sauté until soft and golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Spread apples over the bread. Sprinkle with chopped, toasted pecans.
- To prepare the custard, in a non-reactive bowl whisk together eggs, egg yolks and Maple Pumpkin Butter.
- Add orange zest, heavy cream and half and half. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour custard over bread, nut and apple mixture. And allow to sit for 30 minutes.
- Place baking dish in a large roasting pan. Fill with enough water to come halfway up sides of baking dish.
- Bake in a 325 degree F oven for 35-45 minutes, checking for doneness after 35 minutes, by inserting knife in center. If the knife comes out clean, bread pudding is done.
- Serve warm with softened vanilla ice cream or softly whipped cream.