- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup Maine Maple Syrup or Cinnamon Infused Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups raw mixed nuts (cashews, almonds, etc)
- ½ cup chopped dates
- 1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place quinoa in a small bowl and cover with water. Set aside and let soak. Once most of the water is absorbed, rinse and drain quinoa removing as much water as possible.
- Combine coconut oil, syrup, vanilla and salt in a large bowl and mix until well combined. Add oats, quinoa, nuts and dates and toss until everything is evenly coated.
- Spread granola mixture across two baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake for 25 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Divide coconut amongst pans and place back in oven for an additional 10-15 minutes, tossing once, until granola is lightly browned. Allow to cool completely before storing.