- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Classic Mint Jelly
- 2 cups half & half
- 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 5 large egg yolks
- Combine the chocolate chips and mint jelly in a large bowl.
- In a saucepan, bring to a boil the half & half and 1/2 of the sugar.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the rest of the sugar together with the yolks.
- Slowly stream three-quarters of the hot half & half into the bowl with the eggs while stirring continuously.
- Return the entire mixture to the saucepan. Heat on medium low while stirring continuously until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, or it reaches 182 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Immediately pour the hot mixture into the bowl with the chocolate and mint jelly. Let sit for a minute to allow chocolate and jelly to melt. Whisk well to combine. Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a large bowl.
- Divide into 6 ramekins. Cool, then refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Mint Chocolate Mousse Alternative: Follow steps 1 through 5. Whisk 3/4 cup whipping cream to a soft peak and fold into the strained chocolate mixture. Portion immediately and allow to set in the refrigerator, about 4 hours.
Mint Chocolate Ice Cream Alternative: Follow steps 1 through 5. For best results, refrigerate mixture overnight. Churn according to the ice cream machine instructions.