- Preheat oven to 400° F and prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper, or prepare your pizza stone according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, spinach, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, artichoke pesto and pepper until well incorporated.
- Divide the pizza dough into 4 sections. Roll out one section on a floured surface to be about ¼” thick circle. Line half of the circle with about ¼ of the ricotta mixture.
- Fold the empty dough over the ricotta and to create a half circle and pinch the edges together well with floured fingers. Roll the edges inward to create a good seal.
- Place the prepared calzones onto the baking sheets. With a sharp knife, create 3-4 slits along the top to allow the air to escape while baking. Brush the tops with olive oil and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the calzones are golden brown and you can see the interior bubbling.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly on the pan before serving.
*Calzones can also be stored in refrigerator and reheated in oven, toasted oven or air fryer when ready to eat.