Made With Our
- Butter to grease pan
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 pints blueberries or mixed berries or 2 (14-ounce) bags frozen blueberries (not defrosted)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 (13-ounce) jar Stonewall Kitchen Wild Maine Blueberry Jam or Wild Maine Blueberry Vanilla Jam
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup half and half or light cream
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Butter a 2-3 quart heavy baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Gently stir the sugar mixture, blueberries, lemon zest, blueberry jam and cinnamon together in a bowl. Pour into prepared dish.
- Combine flour, 1 Tablespoon of the sugar, baking powder and salt in a food processor and process briefly to blend. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Pour in half and half and pulse just until dough begins to pull together.
- Remove dough from processor and knead briefly on a lightly floured surface to form a ball, adding more flour if dough is sticky. Break pieces of dough from ball and cover berries with slightly flattened pieces of dough in a “cobbled” irregular pattern. Sprinkle on remaining 2 Tablespoons of sugar.
- Bake until crust is lightly browned and berries are hot, 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for at least 15 minutes before serving. Serve with sweetened whipped cream, vanilla ice cream or yogurt.