Made With Our
For the pastry:
- ½ cup whole raw almonds
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 8 Tablespoons (1 stick) cold unsalted butter
- 3-4 Tablespoons cold water
For the filling:
- 4 large pears, ripe but firm
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ cup Cinnamon Pear Jam
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons milk or cream
For the pastry dough:
- Grind the almonds in a food processor until it is mostly fine (some large chunks are ok)
- Add the flour, sugar and salt. Pulse until it is well incorporated.
- Cut the cold butter into small squares and add to the food processor. Pulse until it creates a sand like consistency.
- Add the egg yolk and pulse to combine. Then, add the water 1 tablespoon at a time, while the food processor is running, until the dough comes together. Turn out onto a lightly floured board, pat into a disc, wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
For the Galette:
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and slice the pears into 1/8-1/4” slices. Toss in a large bowl with cornstarch and brown sugar.
- Remove pastry dough from refrigerator. Cut into 6 small triangles. On a lightly floured surface, roll each into a small ball, and then with a rolling pin roll into a flat, ¼” thick circle. It is ok if this is very rough in shape and the edges are jagged. This will add to the rustic look of the tart.
- Spread each circle with 2 Tablespoons Cinnamon Pear Jam leaving the outer inch uncovered. Place the pear slices evenly across the jam. Fold the tart dough over the outer edge of the pears and pinch together as needed. Repeat with other galettes and place on the prepared baking sheet. Place the galettes back in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Remove from the refrigerator and brush the edges with cream. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until crusts have browned and the interior is bubbling. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.