- 10-12 small (2-3” diameter) yellow potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 bratwurst or sausage of choice, precooked
- 2 cups sauerkraut
- 1 jar Maine Craft Ale Mustard
- Fresh chives, chopped, for garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Wash and scrub potatoes.
- Slice each potato into ¼” thick rounds, discarding the ends. Toss the sliced potatoes in a large bowl with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper until the potatoes are all well coated. Line them on a baking sheet so that each have their own space and are not touching. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes, flip and roast for an additional 5-8 minutes, or until each side is golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Slice the pre-cooked bratwurst into 1/4” thick rounds. In a non-stick sauté pan, heat the additional teaspoon of olive oil over medium high heat. Add the sausage rounds and sear until they are browned on both sides.
- Arrange the potato rounds onto the platter you will be using to serve them. Top each with approximately one tablespoon of sauerkraut, one slice of sausage and a dollop of Maine Craft Ale Mustard. Sprinkle with fresh chopped chives for garnish if desired and serve with toothpicks.