- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place frozen meatballs and the jar of pasta sauce in a saucepan. Cover with a lid and warm over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Toss the cooled pasta in olive oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and ricotta cheese. Add in the shredded mozzarella and mix until combined. Add the pasta and toss to thoroughly coat.
- Grease a 9-10” spring form pan. Add the pasta and, using your hands, press it down to the bottom of the pan and up the sides (You can also press it down with an 8” circular cake pan). Place it in the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and line the interior with half of the fresh mozzarella cheese slices. Then, one by one, carefully line the top of the cheese with the meatballs and pour the remaining sauce on top. Place the remaining fresh mozzarella cheese on top of the meatballs and sprinkle with ½ of the basil. Cover loosely with tin foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the tin foil and return to oven, uncovered, for an additional 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbly.
- Remove pie and let cool slightly. Sprinkle with remaining fresh basil and serve hot.
/* AudioEye Tag Added on 3/5/20 */