Made With Our
- For the candied lemon peel:
- 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup water
For the toast:
- For the candied lemon peel, bring water to a boil in a small pan. Make long strips of fresh lemon peel with a zester. Place lemon peel in the boiling water for about 30 seconds. Drain water and repeat 2 more times.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water in a small heavy bottom pan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add prepared lemon peel, stir and cook until the peel is tender and translucent.
- Drain and toss lemon peel threads in 1/4 cup sugar in a shallow bowl. Shake off excess sugar and spread candied lemon peel on a parchment lined baking sheet to dry for several hours. These can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container for several months.
- For the toast, spread Mascarpone or cream cheese on the toast. Next spread Lemon Curd. Garnish with mint leaves, pomegranate seeds and candied lemon peel.