Made With Our
For the Ice Cream:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup Stonewall Kitchen Organic Bourbon Barrel-Aged Maple Syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon bourbon, optional for a boozier ice cream
For the Waffles:
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup Stonewall Kitchen Pumpkin Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Toasted pecans
For the Ice Cream:
- Whisk together all of the ice cream ingredients in a glass bowl. Slowly pour into an electric ice cream maker and freeze according to manufactures instructions.
- When ice cream is complete, transfer it to a container, cover and freeze for a minimum of 4-6 hours (preferably overnight) to allow it to fully freeze.
For the Ice Cream Sandwiches:
- Heat an electric waffle maker according to manufacturer’s directions (best done with a traditional waffle maker, not a Belgian waffle maker. If using a Belgian waffle maker, see note below*).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg and milk. Add the Pancake & Waffle mix and stir until smooth. Add the butter and combine thoroughly.
- Spray the waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray and pour on batter. Cook until golden brown and set aside to cool. Continue with remaining batter.
- When all waffles have cooled, remove the ice cream from the freezer. Divide the ice cream amongst half of the waffles, gently spreading it until it reaches the edges and is about 1” thick. Place the other waffle on top and gently press down. Using a sharp knife, slice the waffles in quarters along the waffle lines.
- If desired, roll the outer edge in toasted pecans before serving. Serve immediately.
**Serving Suggestion: If you don’t have access to a waffle maker, you could use vanilla ice cream and drizzle it with bourbon syrup before placing the top waffle on.