Made With Our
- 6 bone in, skin on chicken thighs (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- 2 Tablespoons light olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup white wine (such as chardonnay or pinot grigio)
- 1 Tablespoon onion, minced
- 6 Tablespoon Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Orange Cranberry Marmalade
- 2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Pat dry the chicken pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat until it starts to shimmer in a heavy bottom large skillet that can go from the stove top into the oven. Add the chicken pieces skin side down and cook until the skin is golden brown and crispy, about 5-8 minutes. Turn chicken pieces over, making sure to not tear the skin, and cook another 5-8 minutes until golden brown. Remove chicken pieces form the pan and tent with foil. Drain the pan of excess fat.
- For the sauce - return pan to stovetop over medium heat. Add wine and deglaze pan loosening the bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the onions and simmer 5 minutes to reduce the wine. Add the Orange Cranberry Marmalade, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, butter and salt. Whisk until the sauce is uniformly blended. Season with pepper to taste. Add the chicken back to the pan and spoon the sauce over the pieces. Place skillet in the oven and bake 30-40 minutes until the juices run clear and the internal temperature of the meat is 165-175 degrees F. Spoon the sauce over the chicken pieces several times during the cooking process.